In the 20 minute video here I gave last week to researchers, here are the top five things people need to know about 97ers, those millenials born in 97 or after. They are a segmented group because they grew up with social media and know no different. I did a TEDx talk about them, you can watch that here.
If you are not keen on watching videos, here are the top five things you need to know: they are:
- Relentless researchers – they are driven by the *hit* they get by debunking internet theories, or discovering secrets
- Tribal – they are natural born community builders
- Momentarily focused – apps like SnapChat have taught them ruthless focus in seconds not minutes, this is very different to being forever distracted
- Multi-cultural global citizens – in the social digital world, geography and borders do not matter
- Data traders – they totally understand the trade with corporations, they get access to free apps in return for their data, and know no different
If you are a smart brand, you need to know these five things.