Bio for you to copy and paste if I am speaking at your event
Emma is the founder of Rewired State and Young Rewired State, a Commissioner for the Speaker’s Commission on Digital Democracy and a Google Fellow.
She has been recognised with an OBE in the Queen’s 90th birthday honours list for services to technology and education, is included in the annual edition of Who’s Who and voted:
- onto the Wired 100 list,
- Tech City 100,
- BIMA Hot 100,
- one of the UK’s top 100 most compassionate business leaders (Salt Magazine),
- one of the top ten women in technology by The Guardian,
- top five influential women in IT by Information Week,
- into the top ten Tech Heroes for Good by NESTA,
- as one of the 25 most influential women in IT by Computer Weekly and
- one of 2014’s 50 most incredible women in STEM.
Emma writes regularly for the British Press and on her own blog, speaks on radio and on television, is best known for her campaign: ‘Year 8 is too Late’ (encouraging girls into technology subjects) and insights into the social digital generation: the 97ers.